We’re all dancers. Truly, I mean it. Turn on some music with a strong beat, and I dare you not to move to it. That freedom, that rhythm, that desire to express yourself using your body – it’s part of being human.
But too often adults are scared to give into that desire. They’re worried about how they’ll look, whether they have the “right” body for dancing, what others will say, or whether they’re just…too old. They worry that they’ve missed their chance to learn to dance.
But I see you, adults peeking into the dance studio. *shifts eyes* And I’m here to tell you that:
- There’s no age limit to dance – the best time to start is now!
- There’s no “wrong” or “right” body for dancing – the one you’re in is perfect!
- There’s no need to have the perfect leotard or fresh pair of ballet shoes — grab those leggings, tanks and socks.
- Everyone was a beginner once – no one starts off a pro. Give yourself grace!
- No one is judging – everyone is focused on what they’re doing, I promise.
Movement is essential to our well being. More than that? It’s creative, it’s expressive, it’s empowering, and it’s a great way to meet people. Listen, deep down you know it’s essential too.
Once you decide to decide and join us in class whether in-studio or virtually (we got options!), here’s what you’ll experience at Art of VIII:
- Reduced stress
- Confidence on 10!
- A space for you and you alone
- New respect for stretching and challenging yourself
- Finally reclaiming those childhood dreams
- A connected community of like-minded friends